@URL was established in Auckland, New Zealand, in May 1995 as an internet consultancy specialising in web site development and customised online systems.
Our approach is client-focused: we work to achieve our clients' objectives through their web sites, and our many long-lasting client relationships are testimony to the quality of the service we provide.
Web site development is a team process requiring specialist skills and knowledge. Our team includes experts in information architecture, web programming, graphic design, writing for the web and search engine promotion. We draw on our extended network of associates for specialists in areas such as brand development, Flash and video production, as and when required by our clients.
@URL was one of the first companies in New Zealand to develop customised
systems for our clients' web sites - long before database integration
was possible and before off-the-shelf solutions were available for
the management of e-commerce and content-rich sites.
Systems and modules we have developed for our clients include:
- searchable real-time flight information interface;
- online yacht racing results management system;
- "change your wall colour" display system for an online gallery;
- immigration data assessment and management system;
- multiple-3rd party entry system for an online inventory database with search engine;
- online member directory management system shared by two organisations;
- B-to-B and B-to-C online shops with shopping carts and inventory management systems;
- online needs analysis and enrolment system for nationally distributed courses;
- online content management systems for news stories, menus, recipes, vacancies...and more;
- straw poll software;
- site search engines.
@URL services include internet needs analysis, competitive intelligence gathering, advice about web hosting, domain registration, and search engine optimisation strategies. We can review your site to identify its strengths and weaknesses, and make recommendations for enhancements. Once your new site is launched, we keep working with you to ensure that the site is promoted and properly maintained.
@URL's philosophy is that a web site is never "finished" - it is a living entity that grows and changes in response to site user needs and to wider trends in technology and business. We approach web site development to be a cycle of planning, construction, promotion, monitoring, maintenance, redevelopment.